Monday, March 4, 2013

What Do You See?

Bases loaded. Two outs. Bottom of the 9th. Down by three runs. What do you do? Swing for the fences? Try to chip away hit by hit run by run hoping that your team mates can bring home some runners as well?

That scenario should draw some thought up in your mind. I'll help. Take a walk. Go someplace where you can see your reflection. What do you see? Probably 95% of you reading this would say some kind of physical trait. You would say hair color, eye color, short, tall, skinny, fat. But then there are you smart asses that say, "I see myself." THAT'S GOOD! But look deeper. You are off on the right track. But as you look deeper, look at your strengths and weaknesses along with your personality.

Now your wondering what does this have to do with the scenario about baseball? Well here it is. You could swing for the fences if you are capable of hitting one out of the park. Or you could try for a double or triple if you have the batting ability and speed. Or if you are new to the game and your in this position you pray for a single or anything actually that would get runs in.

Now. Take what you just read and apply it to your current problem. Look at your strengths. Everyone is different. We got different problems as well. But I believe we can all deal with our problems in our own way using our strengths and eliminating our weaknesses. I can't tell you how to do that because I don't know your strengths. However, I can tell you to look at your reflection. Tell yourself your strengths and work on them. Figure a way to use them to your advantage. You have been given them for a reason. You just need to learn how to use them. And if you say you don't have any, well then your a dirty liar. I believe in you. I believe you can fight your own battles and fix your problems. Even chase a dream you have. If I believe in you, you need to believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment